Thursday, June 29, 2006

 

two sunny days in a row!

Tuesday we went on a 6 hour Prince William Sound cruise. Kelly (my employer) hooked us up with free tickets. We went through a 2 1/2 mile tunnel under the mountain to get to Whittier, it was pretty cool. It was cloudy and overcast in Portage Valley but when we popped out on the other side of the mountain there was nothin but blue skies and glorious sunshine! The boat ride was awesome; they served us halibut for lunch. the waitress lady was impressed by how well we cleaned up our plates and i told her we were starving interns so she brought us up seconds with two big pieces of halibut. It was good, i got pretty full. We saw a bunch of cute sea otters, sea lions on pieces of floating ice, and some porpoises (killer whales) came up and were raising the boat for a while! It was a good day, i did some bouldering across the benches on the top deck and soaked up the sun. When we got back to Portage the sun was shining there too! I went running and it felt so good. My stomach is finally starting to feel better and didn't hurt for the whole hour i was running, the sun felt so warm on my skin, loved it! Yesterday was the second sunny day in a row since I've been in Portage. Went running that morning; i run down this road surrounded by trees and mountains, i love the view, escpecially when the sun is out. At work, me n' Vanessa shoveled a bunch of gravel for some walking paths, it felt good to sweat in the sun again. Then we picked up and burned some branches in the black bear enclosure with Joel. I found an old, rusted pocket knife and the three of us had a little knife throwing contest. Later me and Vanessa had a sword fight with some sticks on a fallen tree; I help keep us intertained at work. That night Mike (my boss) picked me n' Rachel up to load the brush that he cuts down with a chain saw. We cut willow and alder to feed to the muskox, elk, caribou, sitka deer, and moose (a lot of brush). Mike tells everyone he gets scared that if he doesn't saw the brush down fast enough I'll start pulling it out by the roots, mike's pretty funny. I think he has figured out that i know how to work. I met Mary late that night because i have the next two days off, wahoo fish tacos! Oh, and i had my first drink at a bar with Joel and carolyn (nascar), dont worry it was a Sprite.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?