Friday, July 21, 2006

 

continuation of the lengthy update on my life

I've gotten to go climbing a few times, Wahoo fish tacos! I climbed with Mary on a fun rock out in the middle of this forest in Girdwood. A black bear came down the trail to visit us, he was only about 30 feet away. That same day we met up with keith and went climbing again! YES, i really love life sometimes! We climbed on the side of the highway going into Anchorage, we didn't leave till after midnight, the sky looked like the sun had just set! About a week later i met up with Mary again on my day off, we drove into Anchorage to pick up her brother and his wife (they were flying in to visit). On the way we climbed a few routes, they were way fun! It was my first lead climbing this summer, so I was a little nervous at first, especially climbing routes that i haven't done before and we weren't sure what they were rated. But i did good. The second route we did was cool, it had sidepoles all the way up that made you lay back to the left but the bolts were far out on the right, so it made me use a lot of balance sometimes to clip into the bolt. fun little challenge. The next morning there was a 5K race in girdwood that me and mary ran. it was fun, my first 5k! i did pretty good, considering i hadn't trained for it and i was recovering from the devastating disease known as Giardia. I placed 13th out of everyone, my time was 20.17. There were some good runners; three girls about 14 years old kicked my butt. they placed 5,6, and 7th; they were on some kind of (hard core) running team.
Lets see, the next exciting event in my life was when Keith, Kramer, and Nick showed up at my place after work and we went to Anchorage, Vanessa came with us. Me, Vanessa and Keith went climbing that night and camped out. It was vanessa's first time climbing she did pretty good. The next day i bought a 90 foot slackline, Whoopya! i figure i'm not going to make much money this summer and will have to take out a big loan for school, so i might as well buy what i want. At least i'm not charging anything, hate credit cards. I have a ton of pics to put up, but i can't figure out how to bring them up on this computer, i apologize to all my fans out there, you will just have to wait.

Comments:
Bear chases, Guns, fish tacos, climbing, running, hiking, and swimming in frozen torents known as rivers, and Gihardia. Really there isn't much more you could ask for.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?